Dogwood Management Partners, LLC
Piping Design Supervisor (Up to $130,000+ per year)
Dogwood Management Partners Partners is seeking a Piping Design Supervisor with at least10 years’ experience with process plant design of piping for heavy projects. Our client is a leading design/build firm in Cleveland, Ohio with projects in Heavy Industrial buildings (Food manufacturers and distribution buildings, Industrial Bakeries, Large Process Facilities. This is a direct hire position that pays up to $130,000+/YR.
Reporting to Chief Process Engineer, the main role is for the incumbent to Supervise Designers and also participate in design of 3D CAD based equipment and piping for the energy, food processing and chemical industry facility projects independently or in coordination with other designers, including those located in other regional offices
Great work environment with family culture with plenty of flexibility, great after work activities, etc.
Supervision of design personnel assigned to projects and distributes work assignments to most effectively utilize staff to meet project-established schedules and budgets.
• Demonstrates advanced knowledge of plant equipment and piping layouts.
• Usesexperience to make good judgments in assessing problem situations or complex issues.
• Updates the Chief Process Engineer when problems arise and any personnel issues, manpower changes, schedules and unusual aspects of the work.
• Reviews completed work to ensure accuracy and compliance with codes and design data.
• Coordinates the efforts of the group with other discipline groups on the project, and where necessary, establishes sign-off protocol for all outgoing drawings.
• Leads the effort and development of manpower, man hour, and labor cost requirements for design staff to satisfy project requirements and can monitor the effect of these on the budget.
• Uses previous experience and knowledge of requisitions and materials management to effectively review and/or advise on purchase orders and subcontracts.
• Deep comprehension of the proposal process and can lead the preparation of proposals, as required.
• Uses advanced knowledge of the project change control process and the justification, requirements, and importance of identifying potential changes.
• Utilizes advanced knowledge of piping material lists and instructs others in their use and requirements.
• Mentors and Training of all piping designers and performs personnel reviews as required
· Associates (Bachelor’s degree preferred) in relevant Engineering discipline
· 10+ years processing plant design and piping experience in Energy, Food and Beverage, and/or Chemical Processing facilities.
· Proficiency in modeling in CADWorx, Plant3D and AutoCAD
· Proficiency in MS Office Products
· 25% Travel or more required to project locations when needed
· 15+ years’ experience
· 3+ Years’ experience in a Supervisory role
· Previous Field support roles supporting construction or operations
Compensation is up to $130,000/yr +, excellent benefits through Cigna (Company pays a large portion of premium) and other perks which will be discussed if qualified.
Within your application or in a separate attachment, please provide a few bullet points that briefly state your applicable experience from the job description above as well as any other information that you feel may be pertinent to the responsibilities of this key role. Candidates who meet this request will receive full consideration. All responses will be held in confidence.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with Piping Design Supervisor – Cleveland, OH in the subject line
All resumes we receive, will be held in the strictest confidence. We never share your resume with anyone without discussing it with you first. Read our ethics statement.
Dogwood is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, disabled persons, veterans and disabled veterans are especially encouraged to apply (we are a disabled veteran-owned business).