Dogwood Management Partners, LLC
IT SECURITY ENGINEER
Dogwood Management Partners, an SDVOSB, is seeking a well-qualified individual for an IT Security Engineer opening we have in Herndon, VA. This role is under a government contract and is an immediate need – offering a competitive salary, plus benefits. However, this role can also be set up on a C2C or W2 hourly as well. Due to the secure nature of this government contract, only US Citizens can be considered. No third party or visa candidates can be considered. Not available for remote.
• Ability to apply security
engineering considerations and develop a security architecture for the MLMS
solution in the AWS commercial cloud.
• Ability to select from standard IBM software part lists and prepare a list of IBM software, such as QRadar, BigFix, and Guardium, that can be used in an ordering document.
• Ability to develop engineering specifications for the IBM software, such as the amount of disk space, storage, memory, and CPUs needed to support the IBM software bill of material.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in a remote team environment.
• Ability to write and communicate effectively
• 2 years of AWS commercial cloud
• 2 years of Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) account experience
• 3 years of Security Architecture experience
The Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) currently supports the Marketplace Learning Management System (MLMS) and is in the process of migrating to the AWS commercial cloud. The Security Architect will develop a security architecture that will support the MLMS presence in the AWS commercial cloud that includes applications such as QRadar, BigFix, and Guardium software. The Security Architect will work closely with the technical team, AWS staff, and other contractors providing support as part of the AWS migration. The outcome of this engagement will be a security architecture diagram as well as a software bill of materials that will be used for procurement purposes. The Security Architect will assist the MLMS Project Manager with developing a staffing plan that will implement, operate, and maintain the features of the security architecture. The Security Architect will be expected to work with security software specialists and provide sufficient direction during the installation, configuration, testing, and implementation of the software.
• Develop a Security
• Prepare a Software Bill of Material (10%)
• Develop engineering specifications (10%)
• Work in a team environment (30%)
• Write and communicate effectively (20%)
If you feel you qualify based on the above and would like to be considered, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated resume and refer to “1585 IT Sec. Eng.” in the subject line. Within your email response or in a separate attachment, please provide a few bullet points that briefly state your applicable years of experience from the requirements section above as well as any other information that you feel may be pertinent to the responsibilities of this key role. Candidates who meet this request will receive full consideration. Dogwood has been providing Cyber Security and related IT services to Commercial clients and federal agencies since 2001 and we owe our success to the quality of individuals we have been fortunate enough to hire and retain to perform to the standards set forth by leadership within our commercial clients and the federal government.
All resumes we receive, will be held in the strictest confidence. We never share your resume with anyone without discussing it with you first. Our ethics statement.
Dogwood Partners, Dogwood Services & Dogwood Technologies are equal opportunity employers. Minorities, disabled persons, veterans and disabled veterans are especially encouraged to apply.